Wednesday, January 15, 2014

QWERTYUIOP - NOT A PERSON!

Long back when I was on facebook, I encountered many posts shared by my friends.
And in firstly, those posts were created by some pages on fb whose main goal is to gain page likes by creating many posts on false facts which make
1. Expressions on the faces of people who see those posts like as if they found Higgs Boson.
2. Fools out the people who see those posts.
3. People commit a Crime by sharing that post after they become fools(at least, I feel that it is crime to share false knowledge....As for likes, It is even more pathetic).

In my case, they succeeded just the 2nd point.

But today as I was surfing on the waves of web, I watched a video of Howcast on Youtube. In that video, they stated the history of the qwerty key board layout and they used a different name i.e, Christopher Latham Sholes. Then I re-watched the video and then started duckgoing QWERTY.
That when I got to know that it is Christopher Latham Sholes, who created the qwerty layout and NOT Qwertyuiop. By the way, do you know what the post on fb that was shared by my friends was having? Qwertyuiop (1xxx - 1xxx), from _________ country, is the person who created the layout for the keyboard that we use these days. He is so clever that he left his signature by putting his name QWERTYUIOP on the layout of keyboard. Ha ha ha...!

Pre-Finally, what I feel by all this is, selection of reliable sources for knowledge is personal, instant and risky. So, there is a need of reliable source which have more penetration power. Because there are reliable sources like TED, TED-Ed, etc., they choose good topics, they are very interesting and are eye-candy. But they lack penetration. And penetration MUST be done by us, which will add up for the knowledge to reach every person who was/is/gonna be the victim of 1st, 2nd, 3rd points.

Finally, am i a retard?

Article on Christopher Latham Sholes, available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license

No comments: